Timing of lessons

HOME Forums Discussion Forum Timing of lessons

• This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by CSE.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

I’m frustrated that many (most?) of these lessons don’t have estimated times or suggested ages, and some of them under the topics I need aren’t actually lessons, but a variety of rationales and instructions. It makes searching for what I need frustrating and cumbersome. Does anyone have suggestions for making this work better regarding these issues?

CSE
      Keymaster

Hello Christine,

Please look to your email for a response.

Thank you,

Jeffrey

CSE
      Keymaster

Response from Bill Taverner:

Hey Christine,

That’s a valid criticism and I’d like to address it, since i know others have criticized our manuals for not including times or ages. We’ve actually been quite deliberate about not including these items, and while I may not convince you of our position, I’ll do my best to explain it.

Regarding times, we believe that many curricula are unnecessarily restrictive by including regimented times. Times often depend on the quality of discussion and adjustments the instructor will make based on class size and audience sophistication and other factors.

Similarly, regarding ages, well, we believe many of the lessons can be used across age ranges. So for example, a lesson on sexual health recommendations might be introductory to middle school students (for future decision making)…while the same might serve as a checklist for college students to examine their current health practices.

Again, you may still not agree with our position… You’d have a lot of company… :)

But if there are any particular lessons I can help with, please let me know.

All my best,

Bill

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.